We believe young people should try first long board than skate, they are very different, but longboard is easier and will give you the balance you need. If you are still looking at the window of the skate shop wondering which board to buy, this article is for you.
When choosing your longboard table, you need to evaluate style, axles, and hardness of wheels. Since at the beginning it is a bit doubtful for its sizes and shapes. Let’s review the styles and techniques, so that you will find it much easier at the time of your choice. By the forms of tables, we have four types.
- Pintail: it allows to mount larger wheels, more robust and wide axles. This allows surf-like handling.
- Topmount: the axles are directly fixed below the table, it is one of the most traditional assemblies.
- Drop mounts: these designs allow lowering the center of gravity of the board, reducing the distance between the board and the floor, thus gaining stability, which will do us good for descents.
- Dropped: the axles can be fixed in two ways, the center of gravity is much lower than in previous designs, this allows us greater stability, it also will facilitate the push.
The techniques are:
- Carving: It is one of the disciplines that requires little inclination on the slopes and with little traffic, it is about making turns from side to side.
- Pool: it is the modality introduced by the Z-Boys in the 70’s, they were the pioneers in skating in pools or bowls, consists of sliding along the walls without having to pivot on the rear axle.
- Cruising: it is an alternative to travel, a longboard is used to move, you can avoid jams, do not pollute and enjoy the ride. The cruising is not to perform tricks, but rather to use it as a mean of transportation.
- Slalom: it consists of dodging a row of cones, as fast as possible Boardwalk, one of the funniest styles, it is to “dance” on top of the board and at the same time perform the tricks walking, crossing and jumping while the table is sliding.
- Downhill: if you like speed, it is the most spectacular discipline, it is considered as the most extreme mode of longboard since it can reach speeds of 125 km / h in the descent.
With this information, you can make a decision about what type of style of longboard you want to practice and the table you will use to do it. Good luck!
By [Jose Manuel Aguilera Rioboo].